HPHogwartsSchool
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HP Hogwarts School forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

:: Mending Charm ::

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1:: Mending Charm :: Empty :: Mending Charm :: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:01 am

GhoulTastic

GhoulTastic

1) Give me a brief explanation of this spell's purpose, and what it's main effect is. This can include the Spell's incantation, wand movement, definition and light.

2) What was the demonstration used for the Mending Charm?

3) How can this spell be used? Give me at least two scenarios of which this spell can come in use.

*Please post the homework in a reply.
*Thank you, Professor D. Flura.

~ Head of Department of Charms; Elder Healer.

2:: Mending Charm :: Empty Homework. Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:12 am

Deenftw

1) Give me a brief explanation of this spell's purpose, and what it's main effect is. This can include the Spell's incantation, wand movement, definition and light.
This spell's incantation is Reparo, and it's purpose and definition are to do basic to intermediate repairs on broken objects. When performed correctly, by tapping the pieces of the to-be-mended object and reciting the incantation, a plum-coloured flash should permeate the end of your wand.

The demonstration was a broken vase presented to the class.

3) How can this spell be used? Give me at least two scenarios of which this spell can come in use.

This spell could be used to mend the bottom of a cracked leaking bucket that could be providing a campsite with water, or another applicable scenario would be to repair a snapped quill whilst in class.

3:: Mending Charm :: Empty Charms - Reparo Homework Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:48 am

Annabella

Annabella

Habbo Name: nudiustertian
Ic Name: Flora Keira Quinn
House: Ravenclaw
Year: 2

The charm we were talking about today was the mending charm. The mending charm can simply mend broken objects/pieces together and is mastered quite easily through dedicated time and practise. The spell can be used only on inanimate objects and not on objects with magical abilities like wands or brooms because of their magical enhancement. The incantation for this charm is Reparo. The wand movement is rather simple, all you have to do is gently tap the object/pieces you wish to repair whilst saying the incantation. The light is a shade of plum and will flash dimly when the spell is announced and successfully completed.

The demonstration used for the mending charm that was done by me was to repair a broken glass vase. I tapped it gently whilst saying the incantation "Reparo". I said it confidently and with slight force. It worked and the Vase was returned to it's unbroken state.

This charm can be used if you drop something rather valuable in a shop or at your own home. You could repair it in the shop quickly so that you didn't have to pay for any damage caused. At home it would save you having to buy a new one or tidy up the pieces.

This charm can also be used when cast strong enough to tidy complete rooms. For instance if you had guests over and the place was a complete mess you could use the charm to quickly place this back where they should be before they arrived.

4:: Mending Charm :: Empty Mending Charm Homework Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:52 am

JessLovesBlue

JessLovesBlue

Incantation: Reparo
Wand Movement: Flicking/Tapping the pieces of a broken object
Definition: To repair a broken/damaged object
Light: A plum shade will flash dimly if completed successfully

The fixing of a broken vase.

Could be used for mending a broken bowl, leaking the contents that could be dangerous, or vital for life.

This could also be used to mend a method of transport (although only preferably small, e.g. the nightbus may cause problems for even competent wizards).

5:: Mending Charm :: Empty Re: :: Mending Charm :: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:02 pm

BlueberryTears

BlueberryTears

1.The Spells Purpose is to repair broken items,The main effect is repairing the item,The incantation is Reparo the wand mvoement is simply taping the object or broken peices, the light that would follow is a plum like colour.

2.We used a broken vase wich is now mened.

3.If your walk into your house and you break somthing valuable and nto wanting to get introuble for it you can use this spell.
You can also do this if you wanted to help someone that wanted to get somthing from up high and they knocked the vase off a shelf or some other item and you walk in and help repair it.

6:: Mending Charm :: Empty Re: :: Mending Charm :: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:12 pm

GhoulTastic

GhoulTastic

Deenftw: Outstanding.
Annabella: Outstanding.
JessLovesBlue: Outstanding.
BlueberryTears: Outstanding.

Grades are now confirmed, and homework handed in from this point on will result in no grade at all. The limit of time to complete the homework has exceeded, and the grades have been posted.

*Thank you, Professor D. Flura.

~ Head of Department of Charms; Elder Healer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum